Saturday, September 8, 2007




Both kids in bed and ASLEEP at 7:30!!!! This is what pre-school does to a little boy! Harris would argue if he read this that he is not a little boy but rather a big boy. I feel they both are true. We made it through today! He was a star - I secretly was a bit sad that we pumped up the first day of school around here so much that he was counting down the minutes to drive to school. When we got there he had a quick photo with Reece, put his stuff into his locker and went off to see his teacher Miss Candise that he had met last week. All confidence, not even a good-bye. The teacher saw my bottom liver quivering both with sadness and pride and sent him back to give his mom a hug. She handed me a note of which I only made it through one line...a poem for the parents leaving their babies at school. I was a disaster! I called kirby at work barely even able to talk and he panicked, what was wrong? I managed to stammer out " He just walked in and left me.....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........" "That is great, that is what we want, we have a confident little boy who is eager to learn and meet new people, we have done good!"..................waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I left for a little retail therapy in between with my sister and was one of the first parents to pick him up - he was one of the last kids to leave - HE LOVES PRE-SCHOOL!
Anyhow, here is the funny part....we met Miss Candise , his teacher last week at meet the teacher and my husband thinking he is a comic started calling her "Candi" and "Candi-Cane".....................I told him this would be disasterous on his part but he kept it up. Well, Harris gets in the car and I am asking him about the day? If he likes Candise and he promptly tells me..." I like Miss Candise but I told her Daddy calls her Candi, Candi" I said "Harris, you did not!" "Yup, Mom I did!" Funny thing - something has come up next week - "an appointment" and Daddy is going to have to pick up H" Who is the joke on now?

Off for a family bike ride to Fort Whyte before heading out to the store. Happy Weekend!




No comments: