Sunday, July 29, 2007

A Tu Ti Ta

Will someone please out a tent on this circus - The Parnells have come to town! Holy what a weekend. Again, it was nothing shy of a circus. Today we managed to take three vehicles and a boat to the beach. We packed 6 bags, 3 diaper bags and two coolers and yet somehow we managed to almost fold up a stroller with the baby in it, almost lose a set of truck keys, almost walk through a beach wedding ceremony and almost kill one another. It is all fun and games in the sun until one Parnell loses their mind and begins barking at the idiot who suggested such a feat. Do we have a HUGE deck at the cottage? Yes. Do we have a boat at the cottage? Yes. Do we have a shallow pool for swimming? Yes. Do we have a cooler full of beers? Yes. Do we have diapers and wipes and bassinets at the cottage? Yes. The question then of course is what the hell were we thinking?

The funniest thing about these wild weekends is that somehow we mange to forget the insanity by next Friday because we pack the babes up and do it all over again.

In amongst all of the commotion, my big boy had a Grand Beach first - he went tubing with Daddy. I watched from the shore, with Gage in the sling. I was sad. I was sad that I wasn't on the boat. I was sad that I didn't take pictures. And, I was sad that he wanted to do something so grown up. Of course my husband didn't understand. Why would he, he's a man. I know he had a great time and that I should be happy for his sense of adventure - I am just sad that I wasn't more part of the action.

I am going to try and unpack and head off to bed if only I can get the image of my brother-in-law, ahem Blaine, with his thumbs up and bum out singing A Tu Ti Ta out of my head!

B

No comments: