Monday, July 30, 2007

Harris on the way home!

The water in this tub is way warmer than the lake!


Harris practicing to go boogie boarding!


Hanging out on the dock - thinking about a catnap in the breeze!


Most days I forget how old I am - I am still so young at heart! This morning my body has reminded me you are not a teenager, in fact it is screaming at me " Act your age!" I can barely move - WAKEBOARDING! My new nemisis - what was I thinking? My body feels as though it has been thru labour and trampled on by wild beasts - I swore off any more kids after Evy's labour and now I am swearing off wakeboarding. As you can tell we spent the weekend at the lake too - Glad to hear the Parnells had a great weekend - "relaxing"......while it is never that "relaxing" with small kids it is always fun. We had the fun of spending the weekend at Lake of the Woods between both sets of Grandparents. As always each one of us was spoiled. We tubed, wakeboarded (if you can call my lame attempts - wakeboarding) swam, fished for crayfish, had watergun fights, hung out on the dock, boated, ate, ate more, and ate more (once again I start my health kick:)) and slept like rocks. Evy and Harris had a blast! They love the beach and the water and even Miss Evy spent time in the water (the real water) not just her makeshift pool.

Kirby and I celebrated our 5th Anniversary at an amazing place Southview Inn and Bistro on Saturday - it is in Kenora and would rival any of the nicest restaurants here in the city - the patio has a huge two storey stone fireplace....gorgeous timber beam decks and tons of night time heaters - not that we needed it. The food is amazing ( I had the special - bacon wrapped fillet with a blue cheese sauce/butte, sauted mushrooms, roast potatoes, fresh veggies -we had crab cakse, bread with hummus and lots of wine) Where else would I want to be in life right now? No where...5 years of marriage to a great husband and dad, 3 beautiful kids....these are the things we whould focus on and this is what I will remind myself of when he is in Houston Tues, Wed, Thursday this week and I am running around like a chicken with my head cut-off:)

On a side note to do with business - we can not figure out the retail world - thinking this would be a slower Saturday we scaled back from 2 staff to 1...we were wrong - at one point Crystal had 11 people shopping in the store. We are very sorry if you did not recieve the service you expcet from us although I am sure despite the very busy day Crystal was still a star - she is such a great employee. Thanks Crys.





















Other that that - I am trying to re-stock the fride, catch up on laundry, book keeping and have fun with the kids who are excpecting another funfilled day after the weekend. Here are a few pics - none of me wakebaording as Harris told me I was very bad at it and the pics are terrible.





















Kath

1 comment:

julip said...

Hey Kath - I finally found my way to your blog! Great pics and your anniversary dinner sounds like it was fab! Are you guys still up for this wknd at Cath and Paul's???