Friday, July 13, 2007

So last night we had friends over to meet Gage, Jenn: Doug & Brayden and Uncle Shawn. It was a total gong show. Gage cried from 5 - 10:00, now officially a fussy babe. I bounced with him on the giant exercise ball - works great at calming babes, thanks Kath - and walked laps with him in the Wom Baby. I actually think if I am bouncing him with the sling on, he's a perfect angel! As I said, it was a gong show and we're the parents, I think it was birth control for Shawn. At one point, he asked if he could help me. I said sure, passed him Gage and went outside with Brent to see Jenn & Doug off. When I returned, maybe 5 minutes later, Shawn was calling for me. Gage was wailing, the TV was on a station off the air and the Baby Einstein drum was in the background singing, Play the drum everyone play the drum! Man did we laugh and refill our drinks!



With all of the inspiration that has been circulating, I want to give a big shout out to all of the health care providers that have been with Gage and I over the past few months. We have some some of the best care and I think that's inspiration when so many people are upset with our health care system. There are still many people out there who care - one of the best, Dr. Black - my last minute OB/GYN. I saw her this morning. She said that I am healed - well physically that is. I doubt mentally I will ever be the same. I asked her about my hot dog bun - that's what I think my belly looks like after a c section - a half bun flap on either side of my incision. She said time heals all, except maybe the boobies - war wounds. Yikes, so much for a sex life.



Anyway, I am off to the lake. Have a great weekend everyone and pay it forward - support local and hug the ones you love.



B

By the way, I am trying block feeding and so I have one boob the size of a watermelon and one the size of a pea. I am sure that will be so sexy at the beach this weekend. Over and out.

No comments: