Monday, July 23, 2007

Monday Morning - ba baaaa - ba bap ba - Monday Morning so good to me:) Happy Monday! I am working - drinking my coffee and getting organized, filling you all in on my weekend:) How can you tell this is actually like relaxing! Wow - the weekends are busy! This weekend - a relaxing weekend at the Gompf house consisted of hanging out and taking care of 3 babies....oh you are thinking - don't you have 2 - well, Kirby has a cold so that makes 3!!!!

All 3 of my babies were sleeping by 8 pm on Friday night - so what does a mom do with her time? Well, I tidied up (yes, loser) and did some yard work - must of looked good because my next door neighbour - grass man on a mission gave me the total thumbs up on Saturday morning. I watched an episode of The Riches (my new favorite show) and went to bed - rather uneventfull but isn't that what a lazy weekend should be.

Saturday morning we let Dad sleep in - when Evy napped Harris and headed off to Canadian Tire and Home Depot to gather up a few more things for the yard. Harris was so good - he actually told me at one point "Mom, I am being a good boy because I turned on my listening ears before we left!" - It is amazing what one on one with a child can do - he is so easily bored that when I am multi tasking he starts to get crazy very fast and then we just butt heads.

I have figured Harris out - he does not like toys - he only wants to be active - unless I maybe bribe him to fix an appliance around the house with his tools - he is far more happy to be jumping off the couch, playing sprts, building forts, running around....no mega blocks, no jungle toys, no cars - nothing. This is why we are so tired:)

That was a bit off track but nonetheless Saturday continued to be a great day - Evy relaxed with her Dad and Harris and I went off in the Chariot to see my friend Cath's new house. The wind was not in favour in either direction and I was damn near dead by the time we got home ( a wrong turn in Charleswood didn't help matters). Harris at one point asked me why we weren't moving and I almost died as i was peddling as hard as I could into the wind. He proceeded to help me along by singing "Hurry, Hurry Drive the Bicycle....to the beat of Hurry, Hurry Drive the Firetruck. Thankfully, we stopped for a quick spray park on the way back to cool off.

Saturday night was a bore....Kirby still feeling the wrath of his cold had no interest in getting off the couch and well, I was starved for adult companionship. What does a girl do? Can her childless friends that might be going out? I could have but then I really just wanted to go for 1 beer and come home by 10 pm...they would just be getting going at 10 pm...I tried my neighbour but obviously she has a life as she was out......so I decided on getting a "treat" from Safeway and curling up on the couch with my sick hubbie....I head off to Safeway in my sweats and being very indecisive selected a buffet of chocolatey treats - so much so that the lady behind me in line commented on someone having a sweet tooth. I, of course, blamed my husband.

I went home and ate way too much thus going to sleep angry at myself.

Sunday - we went to our friends cabin for the day - a very fun day - Kirby was a good sport for coming but we had to leave early to get home for naptime - nope, not the kids him!

I am officially back on my health kick - do you think I will ever be successful? The week is going to be so hot and we will relax until heading out to Lake of the Woods next weekend to hang out with both sets of Grandparents - ahhh heaven.

Now that I have bored you all to tears I will return to work. If anyone reading this has any pregnant friends send them a quick email and let them know that we are having our huge summer blowout because we need more room for Fall.......

Other than that my life is rather boring and uneventful in the busy with young children way:)

Kath

Ps. Just one thought provoking comment - mom's out there do what works for you and your kids - a customer gave me some grief about leaving Evy at home to be at work - here is my thoughts....1. This is how it works for small business - the world does not stop or pay you when you ahve a baby.
2. What makes you happy - makes your kids happy!

Over and out.

1 comment:

Michelle L. said...

Hello from a fellow mom/business owner...I'd like to know who made you feel bad about leaving Evy at home so I can give them a piece of my mind!! Your child is NOT suffering just because she's not glued to you 24 hours a day. Women wear many hats and it works. I am a firm believer in QUALITY time vs. quantity.