Monday, July 9, 2007

Happy Monday. I shouldn't have read Kath's blog because I just sat down and made my ToDo List of all of the household chores I should do today. Now I feel like I should just throw caution to the wind and skip out on all motherly duties for the day! Yeah right! This is especially timely because we just got home from the lake - imagine one cabin full of Parrnells - it was so much fun and totally chaotic at the same time. We ate way too much, I had more monster cookies than I am willing to admit, drank and pumped a little, swam, sunned and boated! The kids and adults alike love boating.

Sounds fabulous right? Well it is except I sometimes feel like a bug under a microscope. When you have that many people watching you - you always have to be on your best behaviour. Anyone know what I mean?

Many moons ago, that would have meant that I drank way too many margaritas, snorted when I laughed and fell out of my chair trying to get to the toilet so that I didn't pee my pants laughing! Just kidding mom, that was never my style. Now a days it isn't that kind of behaviour I am referring to, it is my anal tendencies which I am trying to work on. I like things orderly and organised and I like to get ready at my own pace. Well with a cabin full of people who are all pretty relaxed I stick out like a sore a thumb. I'll bet they giggle about my idiosyncrasies when I leave!

Switching gears , thank you to all the moms who emailed and posted Thrush advice. I wish that someone would have mentioned swimming. I - and yes I know this sound stupid - sat and swam all weekend and now am paying for it with the raging thrush!!!! Duh!

I will end today's blog with this...

Saturday at Grand Beach a huge commotion was sited. Large crowds of people simultaneously parted and made way for what appeared to be a white, jelly belly on legs. Children shrieked. As it moved closer it seemed to have blender boobies, a pony tail and a sagging butt. What was this thing? Suddenly a women blurted out: "Don't fear, it's just a mom who has donated her body to her family!".

B

No comments: