Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Our girlfriends...

Firstly, thank you to the moms who left me comments. I appreciate it. I often wonder, does anyone read my blog? But i had a couple of nice replies and I even checked out a few new blogs because of it. I love Blogging, it's like being that fly on the wall!

I titled this post Our Girlfriends because when I read Kath's entry, it made me realize how wonderful and important our girlfriends our - especially to our sanity. I feel so strongly about this after having a c section. There were so many good friends who made us meals, dropped off baking, came and did laundry or even came to visit and entertain Hudson. I cannot thank all of you enough for helping me maintain my sanity.

I salute you moms out there - Kath - who can take on so much and still make it a mission to help keep your friends from sinking. It's rather timely that I had a deep chat with my momma about parenting today. She thinks I am too hard on my little monkey. I on the other hand, feel that he needs boundaries and it's my job to help him see that. Anyway, I also feel that in speaking with my mom, our generation is so different. Our greatest accomplishment is that we strive for so much out of life. As moms we maintain our identities, please don't be offended mom - while we help our babes to develop their own. Somewhere between our careers and our families, there are great women who need girlfriends to keep them motivated.

So, I thank all you amazing friends that I have in my life for all that you have done to help me keep my sanity while our family grew by one! You are amazing everyone in different ways and i know who to call if I need a drink and who to call if I need a recipe and who to call if I need parenting advice.

Love you all!

No comments: