Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Where have I been? Losing my freakin'marbles.......I think I was given only enough patience to make it to the exact second my parents returned to Winnipeg. They showed up at our house on their drive home from Arizona on Sunday at dinner. This was perfect - I actually had been making a meal for them but wasn't sure if they would be home so it was cooking at our house and we ate dinner together...Harris was over the moon at them showing up....but not as over the moon as Kirby and I (heehee) We quickly caught up and I went off to bed planning to head over to their house first thing in the morning - oh, to get started on that HUGE to do list footloose and fancy free from the kids.

Well, one of the things on my to do was getting Evy a passport to come to LA with myself and Brandi at the end of March for a buying trip. I had been procrastinating gettingher photo done as I was still waiting on her birth certificate to arrive. To not bore you with all the details of stalking them , getting a rush, etc...I will say this - a passport photo for a 6 week is my defininion of damn near impossible (eyes must be open, head facing straight forward, mouth closed, no tongue sticking out, not crying, and not hands or arms in photo) all of this for a photo that lasts 3 years (as if they look even remotely the same!!!) Now, I did think showing up at my parent's house at 8 am the day after they arrived home might be a bit over the top so I decided to get the photo done on the way with Harris too - why not get him a passport at the same time OR NOT! He was patient at Wlamart for the first bit but quickly turned into a 2 year boy when he saw that his sister was not going to cooperate and he was BORED. The scene was not pretty and not one of my finer moments - he took off, I totally lost my cool, Evy was screaming, still no picture and I need a passport very quickly (an oxymoron these days). Here are a few things that happend - I told him he was bad and then he told me I was bad, I pulled him my the hand - he lay on the floor. Well, you get the picture. I yelled and hauled ass outta there and for all of you mom's staring at me as we left yelling at each other - don't judge me, I know you have been there or it will come and I promise I will not judge you back. Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

That being said we did make up before bed - thanks to him burning off steam at Grandma's and me at Polo Park. Evy did finally get her photo and we did get the passport done today just in the knick of time and now after a whirlwind packing day my family of 4 is heading off to Calgary for the weekend to visit my sis and brother in law. I am going tout for dinner with all my old friends there on Friday and I will be having many drinks -hehehe. To those of you who read this in Calgary and I don't see - sorry it is whirlwind as usual.

Oh ya, on a more depressing note the 5 pounds gone from the stomach flu is back with a vengenace....that damn pantry and snacks calls my name when I am home so much....where is my willpower?????

Kathryn

No comments: