Friday, March 2, 2007

March 2, 2007

Where does the time go? Where have I been.....hmmmm. Well, I did take both kids to the open house and they were great - we stayed for 2 hours and Harris was even in underwear....no accidents. It was super fun and thanks to all of you that came out. I was great to see you and hae your support! After that I promised Harris we would go to McD's for lunch and playland - we did - all I have to say is - never go to a McDonald's by a school at lunch. It was insane to get food! Here is where I can not manage with 2 kids.....how do people carry a diaper bag, a bucket, hold on to a 2 year old when it is busy and carry food? Thankfully, the little worker bee helped me..too bad he couldn't help me haul Harris out of there when he had a melt down and decided he was not leaving playland. I had to pull out all of my parenting tactics as I was on display in front of a ton of other moms....What worked - well, I just packed up me and Evy and told him he could walk home himself, pretended to leave and then he smartened right up. Home to no nap that day - a long day.

Yesterday, I spent the day at the store with Brandi and Evy. I proceeded to maul Harris when he got home - did anyone watch Oprah - so sad.

I was out last night and Kirby did great with both kids and Evy drank formula - here is the problem she threw up in the night? This is the 2nd time after the stomach flu and both after formula? Is she allergic? Hmmmmmm. Any advice?

Oh, well...that brings us to today. We are going to a friends's for lunch and then the Parnell's ( Brandi, Brent, and Hud) are coming for pizza and to pick up Harris's old toddler bed - fun.

4 comments:

Carrie (or Maybe Gord!) said...

I DID watch Oprah. I had to turn it off though - my heart was breaking. So instead of subjecting myself to further agony, I played with my son.

About the formula and Evy throwing up...wouldn't it be closer to the time when she drank it, as opposed to during the night? I don't really know, I'm just putting that out there!

Kathryn & Brandi said...

I think you are right about formula as it hasn't happened again...maybe just the tail end of the flu.....

kimmyward said...

I first must tell you how adorable Evy is. Plus, it was great to see you at the wedding (you look amazing and not like you just had a baby a few weeks ago!)

Taylor too has been ill with the flu (I took her up the Children's also). Same thing thought she was better as no vomiting in two days and then started again today. So I doubt it was the formula. Just feed her little at a time and more often till she tolerates full feedings again. They actually don't throw up as much as it seems. As long as there are tears, her funtinels and eyes are not sunking and wet diapers, she is probably is still well hydrated. It so hard when they are ill... not to mention all the laundry!!!!

I hope Evy gets better soon and it is great to hear that you all are doing so well.

kimmyward said...
This comment has been removed by the author.