Wednesday, March 21, 2007

March 21, 2007

Finally a nice day - thankfully becuase this weather is making me crazy - we are dying to get outside....but it is supposed to be 14 C on Saturday. My rant today is about will power - my 2 children have more willpower to wear me down than I do to wear them down. It is so damn hard to be consistent. Harris beat me down 2 nights ago with his request in a cute ,sort of sad voice to come in Mom's bed and cuddle - well, I caved - how could I not - he was just so stinking cute. And what have I done - now I have created a monster who wants to cuddle every night. The crazy part is he knows if he keeps whining he will win and I will give in. So here we are with him in his room witht he door closes last night listening to him bawl to come out and cuddle - it kills me...but I know that it will just get worse if we don't nip it in the bud.

Evy is just a baby but is she manipulating me too? Why does she sleep so well in my bed but not in her crib?????? I am going to get tougher with her too but when we get back from LA becuase what is the point for 3 more days when she will be in bed with me there.

Help me moms.....why do I always feel guilty and bad about having rules and taking a stand. Why is it so hard to be consistent-aggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Anyhow, other than that I am good - trying to eat healthier, get more exercise and do a little more for myself - so far so good (this week - heheheh)

I sign off with this funny letter forwarded to me - Enjoy!

Actual letter to Proctor & Gamble (P&G)
>>>Dear Mr. Thatcher,
>>>
>>>I have been a loyal user of your Always maxi pads for over 20 years
>>>and I appreciate many of their features. Why, without the LeakGuard
>>>Core(tm) or
>>>Dri-Weave(tm) absorbency, I'd probably never go horseback riding or
>>>salsa dancing, and I'd certainly steer clear of running up and down
>>>the beach in tight, white shorts. But my favourite feature has to be
>>>your revolutionary Flexi-Wings. Kudos on being the only company smart
>>>enough to realize how crucial it is that maxi pads be aerodynamic. I
>>>can't tell you how safe and secure I feel each month knowing there's
>>>a little F-16 in my pants.
>>>
>>>Have you ever had a menstrual period, Mr. Thatcher? Ever suffered
>>>from "the curse"? I'm guessing you haven't. Well, my "time of the
>>>month" is starting right now. As I type, I can already feel hormonal
>>>forces violently surging through my body. Just a few minutes from
>>>now, my body will adjust and I'll be transformed into what my husband
>>>likes to call "an inbred hillbilly with knife skills." Isn't the
>>>human body amazing?
>>>As Brand Manager in the Feminine-hygiene Division, you've no doubt
>>>seen quite a bit of research on what exactly happens during your customers'
>>>monthly visits from "Aunt Flo". Therefore, you must know about the
>>>bloating, puffiness, and cramping we endure, and about our intense
>>>mood swings, crying jags, and out-of-control behaviour.
>>>
>>>You surely realize it's a tough time for most women. In fact, only
>>>last week, my friend Jennifer fought the violent urge to shove her
>>>boyfriend's testicles into a George Foreman Grill just because he
>>>told her he thought Grey's Anatomy was written by drunken chimps. Crazy!
>>>
>>>The point is, sir, you of all people must realize that America is
>>>just crawling with homicidal maniacs in Capri pants...which brings me
>>>to the reason for my letter. Last month, while in the throes of
>>>cramping so painful I wanted to reach inside my body and yank out my
>>>uterus, I opened an Always maxi-pad, and there, printed on the
>>>adhesive backing, were these
>>>words: "Have a Happy Period."
>>>
>>>Are you fucking kidding me? What I mean is, does any part of your
>>>tiny middle-manager brain really think happiness - actual smiling,
>>>laughing happiness - is possible during a menstrual period? Did
>>>anything mentioned above sound the least bit pleasurable? Well, did
>>>it, James? FYI, unless you're some kind of sick S&M freak girl, there
>>>will never be anything "happy" about a day in which you have to jack
>>>yourself up on Motrin and Kahlua and lock yourself in your house just
>>>so you don't march down to the local Walgreen's armed with a hunting
>>>rifle and a sketchy plan to end your life in a blaze of glory. For
>>>the love of God, pull your head out, man!
>>>If
>>>you just have to slap a moronic message on a maxi pad, wouldn't it
>>>make more sense to say something that's actually pertinent, like "Put
>>>Down the Hammer" or "Vehicular Manslaughter Is Wrong", or are you
>>>just picking on us?
>>>
>>>Sir, please inform your Accounting Department that, effective
>>>immediately, there will be an $8 drop in monthly profits, for I have
>>>chosen to take my maxi-pad business elsewhere. And though I will
>>>certainly miss your Flex-Wings, I will not for one minute miss your
>>>brand of condescending bullshit. And that's a promise I will keep...
>>>Always.
>>>
>>>Best regards,
>>>
>>>Wendi Aarons
>>>Austin, TX

No comments: