Saturday, March 24, 2007

Saturday, March 24

I am writing this quick before I head off to bed...Brandi, Miss Evy, and I are heading off to LA early, early tommorrow morning for a tradeshow/buying trip and Kirby is off to NYC for work as well so I have spent the weekend co-ordinating Harris's activities with the grandparents, doing laundry (if only this was a career option) and packing etc.

I am somewhat apprehensive about taking Evy to "wokr" but at this age there is really no better option - she has a bit of a cold so hoepfully the plane wont bug her and she will be happy snuggle bugging away her days at the show in a lsing with her mom. Really, what better buying trip than this for accomodating a babe...and well, that is just the sacrifices you make owning your won business - no 1 year mat leave:) Trust me I am not complaining I love the store and look forward to being back a few days a week in June - I just hope she doesn't cry too much etc. all the normal things parents worry about when out and about with their babies.

We will keep you posted on all the great things we find. If you haven't been to the store lately - go check it out - it is stocked up with cool baby clothes, kids clothes, accessories, and maternity clothes so nice I am wearing then after having a baby. They seem ot fit way better on my "mom" body because even though I have lost all the weight my shape has changed again:( let's face it those stores Dynamite, Garage, etc - they were not designed with a "mom" body in mind....we have some curves - oh there is my rant. Did you know the best jeans for a mom body are premium denims - they have strech and they are expensive because the cut is so amazing - buy one good pair and you will never look for jeans again (or this is what i tell my husband)

On a side note - I went out last night...not out like a usual out but to the Keg lounge with 3 of my neighbours to get tipsy....it is the first moment in the last 3 years that one of us has not been preggo and since they are plans in the future for more kids (NOT ME) we seized the opportunity. Ihad 4 beers - this is alot for me - I was tipsy...due to rain we did not walk home but don't worry I did not drive. The sad part is we started talking about going to the Palimino (some of Josie's co-workers were there) but we faded fasted than anticipated and we're all in bed by 11 pm. I talk way tougher than I am but none the less - I fely pretty good this morning, a little slow but happy to have gotten dressed up and out with girls. We women should really do this more often - I think we feel too much obligation to be around home unless it is something more important than just catching up and hangin out!

Anyhow, off to LA - wish me luck....and Brandi a quiet baby to travel with.

KAthryn

No comments: