Thursday, February 22, 2007

February 23, 2007

It is 12:44 am (into Friday) where have I been and why am I not sleeping??? Of course, because Evy is sleeping soundly for hours and that is always how it works. I am up watching her breathe in denial that she would sleep this long.

Well, Kirby and I have been MIA with the stomach flu - again for me. Mental note next year this whole house is getting the flu shot! It has been He$$ - we are way too used to some help from grandparents for these things and we had to hit up Kirb's brother to help us a bit.

It is funny how it knocks all the energy out of 2 already very run down parents and for me nursing when I couldn't eat or drink anything was horrible and life sucking BUT it is done now and there is one, although warped positive outcome - I am a few pounds closer to my pre-pregnancy weight.

Last night I experienced what my parents expereinced in getting me a Cabbage Patch Kid when they first came out - only for Harris and his education.....a much better cause but oh how times have changed. I went to the Montessori Pre-school by house to see their open house only to find out that people are crazy about it and there are only a few select spots left. I had to stand outside in the cold (it could have been colder:)) for 1 HOUR - I am not joking. Then once inside I was given a number and had to make a spilt second decision and pay for a remaining spot if I wanted it - well caught up in the frenzy and my previous ideas - of course I wanted it!!!! Did you know they actual had to caution us not to push through the doors because one year there was an actual fight?

Other than that we are good - potty training is going quite good and Evy is great and us parents well we are on the mend. I am going out with friends tonight and tommorrow a wedding. Yes, world I am reclaiming my social life - look out!!!!

No comments: