Sunday, February 11, 2007

February 11, 2007

Well, it is Sunday night and the weekend has come and go! It started with a bit of depression for me when my sister left on Friday but today I feel as though I am back to normal and did have a great weekend. Where did the time go? What did I do? Besides laundry, play toys and nurse I did actually manage to get a few thngs done. Friday night was quiet and we were in bed as soon as everyone settled down. It took Harris a bit to go to sleep in his bed as he was sharing his fancy new queen bed with his favorite Aunt all week. Getting up thru the night is always a blur unless we have a really bad night but it seemed ok.

Saturday, Evy and I spent a portion of the day with Brandi at the Anticipation booth at the Baby show. Thanks to everyone that stopped by:) Even though we were not there for the full day betweeen getting ready and winding down the day felt full. Now, brace yourself for this...the kids were both sleeping by 8 pm and my husband and I actually cuddled up on the couch to watch some of our fave shows taped earlier in the week. I will admit at 10pm I called it quits and headed off to bed.

Today, we played as always with Marnie, Owen (2 yrs), and Megan (3months) our bestest neighbours and friends while the dads were at their Sunday morning hockey league. The girls slept the entire time and Marnie and I got in some much need quality playtime with the boys! Friends came to visit Evy this afternoon and brought us an amazing dinner so now here I am feeling no stress - getting the kids ready for be and my myself ready for a great evening with a glass of wine and a new epsiode of Desperate Housewives. I am even feeling so relaxed that I have agreed to "let" my husband head out next Saturday to a fun filled social evening (www.winterpegchallenge.com) that we usually attend together. I will stay home since we are a little low on babysitters for this clan while all our parents are off doing the snow bird thing. I'll get him back with a spa day soon.

About the bottle - some major progress. She has now taken both pumped milk and formula from the Platex Nurser with the LATEX nipple. Thanks everyone for the advice. Who knew I had been so fortunate with Harris - he would eat anything out of anything at any age even if he was stuffed to the brim and would puke it out a half hour later.

Anyhow, we are off to tkae the dog for a run and get a Tim's before putting these munchkins to bed.

Have a great night!

No comments: