Tuesday, January 30, 2007

January 30, 2007

What a weird night last night! Harris was up from 1am on with crazy nightmares and ended up sleeping bed with me, Kirby, and Evy....mental note: 2 children requires a king sized bed. Kirby eventually retreated to the couch but I don't think we had 3 hours put together of sleep. So much for 2 being rather easy:)

Harris did spend the day with his Nana and G'Dude so Evy and I are caught back up to normal (normal with a baby) My hubbie did call the doctor's last night becuase I still had that burning pain and it really was a lesson in not procrastinating. She said that everyone and every surgery (this being quite different from H) heals different and the pain I am describing is quite common. SHe suggested switching to Advil as it is an anti-inflammatory and it has worked miracles. I am not totally back to my pre-preggo self but today I am actually not walking around hobbled over with a frozen bacardi can mix on my tummy. Than you god! I was starting to go crazy in the head!

Here is my tip to all nursing mom's - get LILYPADZ - the silicone washable (in the sink quick) nursing pads that actually stop you from leaking instead of soaking up milk etc. The stay on without a bra, show no lines, are washable and are unbelievable. Both Brandi and I weren't sure about them but I swear by them now. They sell at the store for $45 and you can use them later post nursing as little patches over you nipples for those time when you are wearing that skimpy shirt that no bra would work with......oh yes, that time is very near - ha!

2 comments:

shannon said...

hi - just found the blog from the store website. i delivered on the 21st, so it's really great to read about someone else's experience, especially since you've been through it once before.
thanks - shannon.

kerri said...

hi, i have used Munchskins Bum Bum Balm on my daughter and her diaper rashed healed in no time....good luck.
thanks
kerri