Thursday, October 18, 2007

With Great Risk Comes Great Reward

Dear Friends, Colleagues, Fellow Mamas,

It is with great sadness that we write this letter. We have decided that we will be closing Anticipation. We want to explain to you why and we want to thank you with the most sincerity for you support over the past 2 years.

When we opened the store, we truly gave birth to our second babies. We poured our hearts and souls into this business. In doing so, we met some amazing women, many of you have inspired us, listened to us, helped us by giving us good advice be it on family or business and most especially you have supported us. If there was any way that we could keep going we would. With young families and increased competition we just cannot make it happen. It is really sad but the reality is that our market is saturated with competition, the rising dollar has allowed many people to shop south of the border or online and all of these things make it really hard for small businesses to survive. That being said, we have decided to close the doors and pour our hearts and souls into our families.

We feel that Anticipation was a place where powerful women (and men) gathered. We have made tremendous friends and connections that will last us a lifetime. So, please hear us when we say THANKS! It has been a blast. We would do it all over again in a heartbeat and will encourage our babes to follow their callings in life.

Please understand that we will be CLOSED Friday October 19th to prepare the store for our HUGE staying home with our babies sale. Starting Saturday October 20th at 10:00 a.m. EVERYTHING IN THE STORE will be 50% off. This includes premium denim, diaper bags, nursery bedding, floor models and so much more! Come and shop one last time. It is your chance to buy some great items while you can at cost. Stock up for the rest of your pregnancy & for the holidays now. Sale hours for the next week are Monday to Friday 12 – 8:00 p.m.. Saturday 10: - 5:00.

Please understand that our exit is fast so as not to prolong the inevitable. We can honestly say that we have given it our all and we are truly thankful to all of you who have been part of this journey.

Kath & Brandi

PS – Please pass this on to anyone you know.

6 comments:

shannon said...

i'm so sorry to hear that you're closing. i've loved coming in to the store, the stroller walk, and chatting with you guys!

kal said...

I am sad.

Your store was my very first maternity store I entered, felt comfortable in, and bought stuff. I love it there. I love Crystal. I love that you're local. I totally love and appreciate that you took the time to explain to us what's happening...

Triple Arm Pump for you two and for such a good store.

Jennifer P said...

I'm sad too. I loved shopping at Anticipation and always got compliments on the clothes I bought. Hip clothes always made me feel great -- especially on those not so great days.

Heidi Reimer-Epp said...

Hi there. So sorry to read about your closing. It must have been a really tough decision. Best wishes for your new path, and thinking about you while you wrap things up at your store. Heidi

Unknown said...

Thank you mamas! So very much.

Shannon G R said...

It feels like such a profound loss, I cannot imagine what you two must be feeling.

Thank you so much for having the drive, determination and courage to blaze the trails with such a fabulous concept. I am truly sorry that the journey was too short.

When I became pregnant last summer, close friends gave me a gift certificate to your store. When I came in for the first time you both made me feel really special to be pregnant and outfitted me in some "yummy mommy," clothes.

As my delivery date loomed, I took comfort in Kath's postings and since the arrival of my son, I sneak to the computer daily and read your blogs. I envy the energy your two have and how your manage business, husbands, and two children!

When my best friend recently became pregnant, I continued the tradition and bought her some goodies from your store. I am sad that your store won't be around for more of my friends, or when I have my second child, but I will come in one last time to support local business!

Thanks again for everything that you two have done in the last two years! Wishing you all the best in the future!