Saturday, October 20, 2007


Well now the healing can begin. I had Sushi for dinner from Yujiro - amazing and a bottle of wine. My kids are tucked in and my amazing husband has his feet up. I just got out of a HOT shower. What can I say - it was an unbelievable day. Check out some cool shots taken by the unbelievable Kal http://www.lovelife.typepad.com/. It started with a line up of about 150 people, some shoving, a fire truck and a line up that lasted for 2 hours - even in the rain - but we made it. Our little Crys is home and didn't deliver her baby - what a success. Somewhere in the middle we were inspired and our hearts started to feel good again. So many of you have emailed us and we are so thankful for your kind words. Many people came to the store today, friends and family, to bring us treats, cheer, coffees, wine even - thank you Margo. We cannot find the words to express our gratitude for all of the love that we were shown at Anticipation.

I could go on and on - in fact I feel like I am receiving an Academy award, and I don't want to miss anyone. But I want to say so many THANK YOUS! For all of you out there who supported us right up to the end - THANKS. To our worker bees - THANKS. To our star employee Crys - THANKS. To our families, THANKS. To our friends, THANKS. To our husbands and kids who without you we could never have taken such risks - THANKS and to my incredible business partner - THANKS.

We will continue to blog and share our trials and tribulations as moms. Although we said today that Stroller Walk isn't going to cut it anymore, I think we are going to have to start the Mom's Martini Club. Stay tuned.

Good night mamas.

5 comments:

kal said...

Such a cool day. Congrats on doing everything you do - in style. Very cool.

Sabrina said...

Yay!! I'm glad you're keeping the blog as I enjoy reading the very real experiences of other local women and mommies. Congrats on a very supportive Saturday. We truly are "Friendly Manitoba".

So, uh...after seeing the pics from Saturday's sale, is there anything left in the store to buy?

Kathryn & Brandi said...

You know it's funny because we thought we'd be open all week - I am not sure how long we'll have stuff. Anyway, there is still great clothes left - certainly cool jeans and tops, a few of Oprah's favorite robes but no baby or gifts or much else. It was crazy. Even the furniture flew off the shelves.

Unknown said...

Can I sign up for the Martini Mom's club?????

Jennifer P said...

I wanted to stop in and say bye (oh, and buy some cute stuff for my little guy) but saw the lineups. I had my 10 month old with me and he's not very patient (I'm sure you can remember those days). Glad it went well and that you can spend more time with your families sooner.