Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I felt a little bit sad reading Brandi's blog as we at our house struggle with these same sentiments. It is funny we both definitley have great husbands and great hands on dads to our kids. They watch the kids when we are away for buying trips, we go out with friends, we do have a life...the thing is there is no rest for the brain. But yet, Moms and women are multi taskers, many of us perfectionists....I heard the manic depressed mom on Oprah yesterday say she was striving to be the "perfect" mom - but perfect in the eyes of the world, not really her own eyes. Who is that mom? Why does it matter so much if the house is a bit messy, the kids are not eating totally organic, homemade food day in day out - we will survive? I have no answers for my dear friend. Isn't the perfect mom - the one who has happy kids - hands dpown our kids are happy. The first 6 months of 2 kids has hands down been the hardest time of my life....more of what was already little me time was taken, more planning and schedules whirl around in my head than ever before, far less time to talk to husband made me feel as though we were grwoing apart when really we didn't even have time to grow apart:), and I also want to be perfect.

Here is my advice....please yourself, the rest will come....when you catch yourself doing something you think needs to be done but doesn't really have to been done -stop yourself and naturally you will stop worrying about it so much - it takes 3 weeks to break the habit.

Love ya B

Kath

1 comment:

Heather Lambert said...

Oh Kath, how is it we are so far away, yet somehow so connected...?? You and Brandi say what we are all thinking, and for that I thank you!! What a crazy ride this is. I hope I will see you soon ( maybe a trip to the Peg...),
Heater