Sunday, September 2, 2007













I am back to blogging. The week was slightly hectic to say the least, and although I thrive on being busy - this was a bit over the top and the house of cards (or my baby) may have fell....but more on that later.

We made it through the birthday party! It was awesome! Harris enjoyed every minute of it and has only just stopped talking about Goldie as though he was one of his best friends. To those of oyu in our section that saw the 20 of us leave mid way through a great game. We had no intention of staying just the fun of it! I would recommend a party there to anyone. Lots of stuff for the kids and a beautiful summer day! Harris was spoiled and has been outside mastering his rollerblades from the Macleans - his athletic ability is just awesome.

The rest of the week folowd with a form of organized Chaos at the Gompf house...I had my brithday and a week full of dinner dates, with friends, we made our Breakfast TV show (even Gage made a small appearance - Thnak you Gage), I ellipticalled (I did do it every day but it has oly been offsetting my eating frenzy from so many festitivies) and I worked extra because Crys was very sick.....

Oh yes, we met H's pre-school teacher on Thursday night and it was great! He loved it and slid into the open house with a quiet reserved manner but was not too shy! I am going to love going to pre-school.
The piling up began to get a bit overwhelming Friday with the arrival of our new furniture line - Yes, it has arrived and it is unreal. Solid furniture you can have from baby to wedding - it looks awesome. We worked all day and all night to get it in for Saturday! We did but we were exhausted.

Anyhow, I may have been multi tasking way too much Saturday morning when Evy rolled down th efirst 4 stairs to our basement half landing. I heard her cry but thought I would quickly finish up the dishes - what am I thinking????? I heard it the distinct cry and when I couldn't immediately looked for and took a miute to find her down at the landing. She is unscathed except for what looks to be a rug burn eye instead of a black eye....Me, I had the melt down - it took me 5 minutes to consle her and Kirby an hour to console me. I broke. I am taking the weekend off - R&R - I am not going to mulit task around the easy going baby just because she is so easy! We are going to play all weekend and make up for it!

That is why I jusped out of bed at 6:30 am to play with her - no complaints.....Don't worry as I write this the gate is closed and her big brother is teaching her to crawl ( all I need:))

Happy September long!

K -B: I am now in full running lead for the world's worst mom.














2 comments:

Megan said...

Hi Kathryn,

I just discovered your blog and have been reading your old posts. I really enjoy it and want to thank you for the refreshing, honest take on motherhood.
I wonder if you can tell me more about "ferberizing" and how it worked with Evy? I am having trouble with my 4 month old daughter sleeping and any advice would be much appreciated!
Thanks, Megan

Unknown said...

Love the family photo - the two of you and your mini me's. Adorable!