Monday, August 20, 2007

Happy Monday morning. I am home with just Gage. Hudson's daycare has reopened. It's the strangest thing. I am depressed. I miss him. I guess in the month that Sherry was closed we figured out a system and really made it work. On the flip side, I am going to pick myself up and enjoy Gage and all of his fascinating developments - he found his hand!!!

The weekend was fun. It was my in-laws anniversary - 36 years I think - so the kids made them dinner. It was a fish fry with home made fries, coleslaw, and lots to drink. Yep, you can imagine the calories adding up.

Because we came home early, I was able to get organized during the day and once the kids were in bed, I went for a jog, Yes, I said a jog! Now let's talk about this. Do marathoners not have children or what because last night as I began my first post baby # 2 jog, I felt as though my front bum - you know!! was going to give way to all of my organs which would fall on the ground as I peed myself. Thankfully I had Aura who pushed on and it was a beautiful evening. My question though is does that get better? The jiggles I mean.

As for today, well both boys overslept and peed through their diapers, so I have a hot date with my washer/dryer and I think my yeast has returned. Yet another reason to want to get back into bed and DIE!!!! I mean really, I thought we had this beat and then the boobies started to burn again! My husband thinks I am nuts to press on I know - of course he doesn't openly say I am nuts but the vibe is there. So, I am back to nipple cream and still have one refill of the heavy duty meds so we'll see.


And if all goes well, Gage and I may even venture out to Costco. Touch wood Gage actually made it home from the lake without crying which is a first and a huge milestone even though I had to sit in the middle seat watching Dora and shaking a Lamaze toy for 60 minutes. Wish me luck...

B

No comments: