Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Retail Therapy - It can do wonders!!! I spent the last few days in Grand Forks with the kids and our dear friends the Macleans (Marnie, Colin, Owen and Megan) going nuts at the new Canada Inns waterpark and shop, shop, shopping! It was the best! Harris would definatley agree as he spent the first hour of the ride home bawling his eyes out for the waterpark where he had decided to live. We had so much fun! Parents - of you are looking for a cheap, fun vacation that is close to Winnipeg - this is it! The waterpark is so great and is set up for everyone from 1 year to 90 years old!

Harris loved every minute of it and Kirby and I relived our youth through him...although I must say that he is far more adventurous at 2 than I ever was...by the end of the first day he was going down the big slides (tunnels and all) backwards and on his tummy, laughing the whole way with us waiting at the end. A little too fearless for his momma.

Evy, well she preferred shopping to swimming but she did put on her bikini just to flaunt her new cereal budha belly! She did love the water park just not how Harris did - she decided the water was way too cold for her liking (not that bad - princess:)) but loved the fact that it was a giant personal noise machine and spent every excurision to the park sawing logs in her stroller. In fact, it was so hypnotic for her she barely had her eyes open the entire water park expereince and we must have done a total of 15 hours over the 2.5 days......

Me, well....I ate too much and wore a bathing suit all weekend so now I am FOR SURE THIS TIME on a good health kick. I did start the day off by riding my bike to work - if only I can keep us. Kirby, well....I bought him some new work clothes at Macy's so he was happy to foot the bill for my spree:) Thanks babe.

I am back to the store today - our big sale is going great and we are making some room for Fall arrivals. Brandi - had to laugh at Hudson - if only we could harness these negotioation tactics for the debate team.....

Anyhow, off to work

Kath

No comments: