Thursday, July 5, 2007

Okay, I know I shouldn't laugh but the last posting Brandi made me bust a gut! You must be also looking thru the Gompf family windows in between feedings because that with a few adjustments is my life too and that of many others.
I know that as a parent it is my job to tame my wild toddler but I am just not sure if I am going to make it - thankfully we are not a high school romance because Harris and I would definately be "taking a break"!
He is a great kid with such a fun and silly spirit but I can't seem to see past the other stuff right now as all I feel I am doing is trying to teach him manners, show him that drawing lines and circles with pee on the floor is not cool, correcting him when he tells me "To stop bugging him off" (which clearl y he has combined from my stop bugging me and bug off....aghhhhhhhhhhhhh - I was frustrated ok) and trying to beg him to nap so as to avoid an all out meltdown at 7 pm due to lack of sleep.
He will be 3 next month and yet he tells people he is going to be 20!!!! I think he might be 20 in the head - as he is full of manipulation and stamina way beyond what his mother has.

Is this what we do tame the beast? It is by far the hardest job requiring the most will power and stamina ever! Dieting should be a breeze after this:) Evy is still a great girl and I wonder why I ever bitched about 1 baby (sorry moms out there I know in the moment it too is VERY tiring) although I know with her our teenage years will be way too nuts for this blog and this is the blog of honesty.

Anyhow, I am at my sanctuary - WORK:) Good to go - I will make it I may just look a little older and have a few more, grays and winkles....and I may just be tipsy form the permanent bottle of wine in the fridge but don't judge me:)

Over and out.
Kath

1 comment:

kal said...

Bravo. This was a funny post. LOVED IT and decided to definitely only have ONE baby.