Tuesday, July 24, 2007

GONG SHOW - this is the only description to honestly describe my morning and somedays it is the 2 words I think define my life. It started way too early - 6 am - Harris is up and is starting to get loud because we are refusing to put on cartoons but rather get him to sleep more. Not so lucky and in the meantime he wakes his sister an early riser also. Well, then becomes the battle of which adult with drag and heave themselves to the living room to supervise the circus brewing. Well, Kirby took the first shift and I the second while he went back to bed.

We knew the temperature was going to be a scorcher and that the Parnell family was coming over to play and for lunch. We hit the park early in the wagon and at 9 am - I was already sweaty and stinky. Perfect, we will spend the day relaxing in the pool.

Whatever!!!!!!!!!!! Who can have a baby outside in this weather, shade or no shade....and well, my wild toddler is just plain wild....I am starting to think what I once describe to many as being to smart is now just a big bad case of ADHD:)

We had 2 different sprinklers going, there is a huge playhouse, a full on camping tent that he and Marley (our nanny) set up yesterday, and a bball hoop but no this is just not enough. We also need to be inside, upstairs, downstairs, in mommy's bed, and launching ourselves off the couch.

This is before the Parnell's arrive. I think they are great but Brandi will post her own candid version of her family. My neighbour pops in with her youngest for lunch and a drink (crystal light but really all I can think of is beer, beer, beer:)) Megan has found her voice - while Brandi and I actually found it hilarious Marnie was close to pulling out her hair from Meg's new found shriek - so do you picture it now, 2 toddlers, toys EVERYWHERE, wet bathing suits, poopy baby, shrieker Megan (seriously funny), 3 very frazzled moms trying to actually have 1 (JUST ONE) meaningful conversion that does not end in " no, stop fighting, put your hat, no more spinkler, please pee in the toliet), and well, Miss Evy slept thru the whole thing:) My quiet baby girl is going to be overshadowed by her very strong, over bearing demanding, bossy almost 3 year mind of his own brother. How guilty do I feel about that.

Well, where am I now...Harris is sleeping hurrah! Thank you God.....Evy and I just got out of the pool which is as warm as a bath tub - I am hoping she will go for nap #2 soon and I will be on the deck , drinking a beer, reading a magazine trying to stay sane. Kirby - I apologize in advance but you may come home to night to find a red, drunk lobster on the deck that vauguely resembles your wife.

One more thing - the damn health kick is over - I was so frazzled this mroning I managed to inhale 3 m&m cookies that Brandi brought over for the kids and now I am considering a new diet - the liquid one - only beer.

Over and Out.

K (no time to spell check and I know it is disastourous but hey you got a good laugh)

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Thanks for always giving fun yet realistic descriptions of life with young children. Reading your blog helps me to be prepared for what lies ahead in my growing family.

Keep it up, Kathryn & Brandi!