Friday, June 22, 2007

Okay, I have a coffee in my hand, am air drying my blender boobies and Gage is snoozing in his vibrating chair! My blood pressure is almost near normal - let me explain... Last night we had Jana, Russ and Tristan over for dinner. Everything was going great - the kids were playing, the dads were drinking beer and me and Jana were catching up. All at once a toddler was crying. Naturally no one panicked as this is a common occurrence with toddlers. Brent went to see who the victim was and what the problem was.

Well, it was my first born babe and he had fallen off the Little Tykes slide in our basement - (onto carpet). Blood was shooting and no I am not exaggerating, shooting out the back of his head. His new fancy shirt - my mom gave him - cover in blood as was Brent's. I started to panic! Brent calmly said, Brandi get a wet towel fast. So, I moved into assistant mode and did as he said. To make a long story short. The cut was small and we were able to stop the bleeding but man I almost had a heart attack. I have since found out, thanks to Google, that kids at this age do bleed a lot with head injuries - naturally causing their mamas to have heart failure. We all recovered, many smarties later and had a great evening. Hudson is not one bit more cautious and I am a bag of jitters. Imagine when he's playing athletics!

In case you can't tell, I am finally almost myself again! Yahoo! I had an awesome day yesterday. I spent the morning with Mollie and Maggie and we ate and chatted and laughed for hours. It was so good for my soul. Then I packed up my babe and we went to the store for coffee! So much fun! I remember why we opened the store in the first place. I got to spend time with Kath & Crys and see all the new fabulous products, but also talk to real moms. I loved it! Afterwards I even picked Hudson up from daycare. Look out world, here I come!

For all of you who are going to Tim & Faith tonight - enjoy. I will be home drooling like a dog. This is the kind of jealousy that makes one want to peck eyes out! I, like many other women LOVE Tim and would love to be at the show tonight! My mother has told me numerous times that this is the last chance to see them ever. Which makes me drool even more!

I am off to a meeting with a lactation consultant. I am going to see if I can improve Gage's latch. I did get some good advice yesterday from one of our mom's (Gurumama) which is helping but still need to get these boobies back in shape!

Have a great day.

Brandi

No comments: