Monday, June 18, 2007

Happy Fathers Day! I hope everyone had a great weekend.

A few dear people in my life made mention of the fact that they thought my first blog was uneventful. Well, this entry should be anything but dull.

Firstly I woke up this morning with a real bad sleep hangover. For those of you who are wondering what the heck that is, it is when you wake up so tired you feel hung over! Brent says I am full of these odd expressions... Anyway, my babe went to bed for the night at 11:00 p.m. was up every two hours. Naturally I am exhausted and feeling sorry for myself because I look like I am four months pregnant (saggy belly) with bags under my eyes - extreme fatigue, sore boobs and the ever flattering pony tail hair do that I sport most days!

I am in a bit of a mood as well because I tend to pump up events like Fathers Day in my mind so much that reality often has trouble living up to these plans. My husband, Brent is an amazing dad and spouse. So, I wanted yesterday to be the best day for him. It started out good but spiraled into a two children disaster by night's end - let me refresh your memory - 11:00!! On our way to family brunch Gage bawled hysterically. On our way home, Hudson bawled hysterically. And somewhere in between Brent went from bribing our two year old with ice cream if he would come off the play structure to carrying him over his shoulders like a sack of potatoes. Because Hudson is two, the whole event was catastrophic in his mind. He screamed and hit and embarrassed us beyond belief.

I am thankful that each day is a new start. Now that we are "experienced parents" no one gives us newborn advice. But now the joys are that everyone gives us psychological advice on why Hudson is crying hysterically. It is his way of adjusting to the baby. In my mind, he is just two and a little person with big plans. As for me, well I hope one day to do my hair again and hey if I am going to be a real optimist - have boobs that don't feel like they have been put in a blender.

How's that for real?

Brandi

No comments: