Sunday, February 25, 2007

February 25, 2007

Well, I made it through the weekend but I am crabby, crabby, crabby right now so I will keep this short and try to go to bed!

The doctor finally called at 5:45 pm Friday the one call I must have missed -aghhh. Anyhow, called Healthlinks to see what I should do about her vomiting and here is my beef with anything to with babies and them - they always recommend you take them to a doctors - so how much help is that????

Anyhow, lack of babysitter had the whole family pack up and head to Children's....the place was infested - there must of been over 40 sick, snot nosed, coughing, barfing kids in there and I lasted a total of 20 minutes before some germ anxiety came over me and we bolted home to disinfect! Evy kept throwing up into the morning and we watched her like hawks (the start of no sleep and my crabbiness) so at 6 am I took her back. Night and Day - 2 people ahead of me and I knew the doctor. She was not dehydrated so he just gave me so tips and things to watch for. Exactly what I was thinking but better safe than sorry.

Since she is so little we decided to cancel our younger babysitter and Kirby stayed home from the wedding. My good friend Julie's BF was out of town so we went together and had a great time catching up although the wedding was in Starbuck and the drive home was terrible. I was the driver but did eye 2 beers. The wedding was fun but the late night coupled with the night before made Sunday morning come WAY too soon.

I woke up to the standing coffee/playdate with my neighbour while our husbands are at hockey and then proceeded to go on a long overdue cleaning frenzy which already seems to be a mess (how do you keep it clean and tidy with a 2 year old boy?) Evy is not sleeping today and my patience is now at an all time low. Kirby went into bed with Harris to read a bedtime story and 2 hours later I had to wake him up:) We are missing our parents and there help, 1 week until they come home. I am going to bed wondering if I could actually be a parent if I didn't have help from the grandparents from time to time. One week until they come home. We are going to get some extra chores doen, have a date, spend some quality time with Harris and mooch a few good meals.

No comments: