Friday, January 26, 2007

January 26, 2007


Time to catch up!

It is definately way busier with a toddler and a newborn but still way less stressful than my first go around at parenting. I wouldn't say we have settled into a routine but we have settled into life with two:) Thankfully, Harris has made this transition so smoothly and insists on helping, kissing, and showing Evy off to everyone that will listen to him. I am sure that the amount of gifts he got for being a big brother had nothing to do with it ;) He even hauled out and showed his Nan last night "Mommy's pumper" (my electric breast which in true Harris style he had to see in operation to fully understand - still has a bit of his mom's engineering brain I guess)

Evy is an awesome baby - so far so good! I have been holding onto the theory that because Harris was colicky she will be an angel but I am slightly more guarded since I thought if Harris was a c-section this one would maybe hopefully be an easy breezy labour - NOT.

I am constantly in awe of the fact that I can put her down and she will just chill out for a bit or doze off:) Hopefully, that stays. I am feeling rather well restd but am still really bruised which has me moving quite slow and if you know me it is making me a little crazy. I alternate between thinking that this is just the recovery of a c-section to a fear that they stiched me up with instraments inside or something way over the top dumb. It is amazing how idle timein your house and a little sleep deprivation can make you mind wander.

Anyhow, should run - will keep you posted.

PS. Despite the fact that things are going rather smooth - don't think I still haven't had a few major melt downs - oh, those crazy hormones and my poor husband.

PPS. Thanks so much to everyone who has sent warm wishes, food, and gifts - it is times like these when you realize just how spoiled you are. We so appreciate it.

Kath

No comments: