Wednesday, October 3, 2007

I love you Winnipeg! There was a time that I would have not said this that I would have given anything to be among the concrete jungle of the big city. I did pine for Cowtown for a full year after moving home and it was still somewhat smaller than Toronto.

Where to start? We did survive and we did have a great time but I love you Winnipeg (Did I say that already???)

We had a great trip and the kids were awesome! We hit up a few of our fave places - The Ontario Science Centre, High Park, swimming at the Delta Chelsea kids floor;), we ate out, we shopped and we visited. The hard part was just getting out of downtown with 2 kids - we stayed with my BIL and SIL who have rented a condo for 2 years downtown while she finishes her Post-Doc at U of T....so you can imagine us in a smaller sized condo, 9th floor admist all of the skyscrapers...it is hard to pop outside to burn off the energies of a 3 year old boy in greenspace.

What else.....pilates tonight - ahhhhhh, where are you abs? I need you - we just booked a hot holiday to the Mayan - did I mention sans kids just us and another couple - oh ya...no 4 suitcases, 2 car seats, playpen....rental van, stroller...I can not wait:) Yes, I may be spoiled but I am a good wife and mom:)

Anyhow, the store is great - crystal sold us out of furniture this weekend so I think I should go away more often...haha.

Anyhow, back 2 work! Did I mention I love you Winnipeg??????
Oh ya, would love to include pics but we packed a camera with a dead battery (hey, you can't rememebr everything?) and am waiting for my family to email me some.......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE what Kal did to your blog...especially adding your photo and the comments about raising "2 husbands" - that could not be more true! Looking good!