Wednesday, October 10, 2007


Brent is a complex man who always seems to surprise me! I have to share this side of my incredible husband. Last night at dinner time, the doorbell rang. I opened the door and there he stood with a painting in his hand. Sometimes, just when I am not expecting it, he is so incredibly thoughtful and even romantic. I lept with excitement. Last summer, so 2006 Brent, Hudson and I went to The Half Moon for lunch - one of my all time favorite places. We walked down to the water by docks and played in the park. Anyway, on our way home, we stopped at The Kennedy Tea House. At the time, there was a local artist painting outside. Inside were some of her pieces of work. Needless to say, I fell in love with one and today it hangs in our family room! What a man!


Two funny stories to share from my day with the boys...This morning as I was getting ready, Hud came into the bathroom and said, "Mom, I have earrings just like you." I smiled look at his ears and continued getting ready. Snickering he turned away. At that moment I realized, yes he did - only his were stuffed in his ears! Fear not, I got them out!


Later on, after naps, the three of us were watching The Jungle Book - I know I am predictable, it's Mougley, Diego or Dora. Anyway, I had just fed Gage. Hud came up, teeth clenched. Gage, I love you!!! he screams out. He then hugged him so tight Gage projectile vomited all of his lunch! Hudson, not understanding the connection between his squeezing and Gage's barfing said: "Gage, you need to be a good boy! Barfing is not nice!"


I should run. I need to make dinner and head out to Pilates! Kath and I are working on our abs for Brad Paisley Friday night! Wranglers and cowboy boots here I come! Just teasing!

No comments: