Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Okay, this blog is all about good energy! Firstly, I made up with my amazing husband - nothing like a good Riesling to ease into a family meeting. Thanks Kath firstly for always listening to me. Thanks secondly for your words of wisdom. I absolutely love good friends who pave the way - doing things first and sharing wisdom with their gal pals about what worked and what didn't!

Furthermore, I want to dedicate this song to all the girls I LOVE!!! A little Willie Nelson. Kal - you are amazing and you have gone so much out of your way to guide us - we love what you have done so far and THANK YOU so much. Kath and I can take many things from this journey we have been on so far with Anticipation. We have met so many wicked women who are changing this world. They are leaders and entrepreneurs who are molding this world in which we are rearing our babes. Our kids are going to grow up and think that women entrepreneurs have always existed. What role models for the wee gals of the future. So, bring it!

Gingersnaps. Soul, High Tea, Tiber River, KAL, KAL, KAL, there are so many that I can go on and on. I know that it is easy to shop Walmart and the Gap which we all know now has maternity. But I give kudos to the people out there who go out of there way to support local - this is changing our city, our economy and our future. Thank you to all of you out there who do support us independents. I know Small Indulgence has a sticker in her store that reads Be Vocal Support Local. Truly, it is less expensive to shop Old Navy but make a stand and buy local and be different. Stand out and Stand Up!!!

That's my two cents. If we are still here in 5 or 10 years I say thanks because it takes a special, different person to appreciate buying from people who support local economy. You can bet your ass that the mompreneurs of Winnipeg aren't buying their eggs, bread, tshirts etc. from CHINA!!!

I think I just worked up a sweat writing this blog - does that count as a workout????

B

No comments: