Thursday, August 2, 2007

Thursday - and August already...we keep moving forward at lightening speed - the summer is nearing a close (well, ok that might be a bit dramatic), this month both Harris and I will become another year older and Miss Evy will move closer to being a 1 year old than a baby:)

What has been going on? Well, my son is a fish so we have hit the wading pool everyday this week tha I have not been working. I find them the perfect place to go - the water is warm for Evy and he can swim around all by himself. I bought him a snorkel and mask (to his request) and the crazy thing is he actually knows how to use it. He goes into the water with his face under and finds things like pieces of grass for me. I am happy it is a bit cooler outside:) I know I will regret saying this come winter but the heat is starting to drive me a little nuts.

I had fully prepared to be a single parent Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday ( I stocked up on quick microwave dinners for myself) because Kirby was off to Houston. He almost didn't make it because he forgot his passport and had to burn home to get it......Here are my thoughts on that:

1. Why does my husband pack for a business trip to the US no less, 20 minutes before he has to leave for the airport?
2. Next time I am anally pre-packing for vacation a few days in advance he needs to refrain from saying things like "we have lots of time to pack, don't worry about it yet, you are way to organizing and that is what is stressing you out......"
3. This is my new way of giving up some of my "responsibilites" so as to releive my full plate of stuff....I have given up being your mother too!

The ironic thing is he only made to Minneapolis and then had to return home because the meetings got rescheduled ( they for sure were planned by a man:)) Iwas happy to have him back - I miss him when he is travelling and worry way more than neccesary about freak accidents. Speaking of those, the bridge collapse in minneapolis yesterday was very sad - those poor people.

I have another rant that may or may not be of interest to you - my period. What is up with that? I know I am done nursing, so here it is and such is life but I feel as though I am a teenager again, crampy and crabby and that sucks. I forgot all about it and PMS. Guess, I best be careful so as to avoid baby #3. On that note, my anniversary blog was a typo - no I am NOT pregnant whenI said I was thankful for my 3 kids just momma brain.......I know that may have been too much info for all of you .

I want to leave this blog with a big CONGRATS to our very dear friends The Stevenson's.......You all made it....We couldn't be happier! Brent is now cancer free! Let's go celebrate!

Happy long weekend everyone!

Kathryn

No comments: